Training, Work Zone and Book of Mormon Class

Hey Friends and Family,

Man, this week has really flown by. They never seem to be going that quick in the moment. But, they keep seeming to go faster each week.

This week has been pretty good. We had our monthly Book of Mormon class by President Fenn on Monday. We're getting closer to the end of 3 Nephi. A lot of the presentation was on the doctrine of Prayer as outlined in chapters 18-20. One thing that stood out to me was that we should pray for and by the Holy Ghost. Not only should we pray for the spirit in our lives. But, that the spirit should be directing our prayers. By this our will can be synchronized with God's will.

I've also been working a lot on going through the Family History Library's new training program. They've been working on standardizing the training for the people who work there. I'm currently working on what's called Tier 2. It's mostly basic FamilySearch skills. As well, as information on the resources of the Library. I know a lot of it already. But, there are still some fun tricks in there that are fun to learn. Also, if you're going to get to the hard stuff with the training, you got to start at the beginning.
 
I've started doing some more research into Aunts and Uncles in our tree. I've kind of hit a point in our direct lines that everything is really hard to research. So, I've been chipping into some easier stuff for a while. The training has been really interesting. I've already turned in my paperwork for the purple pin. Which is the bottom half of Tier 2. That was all FamilySearch skills which was super easy. But, now I'm on the FHL resources half. Probably the thing I've learned the most about is how to fully utilize IrfanView. It can do a lot more than I thought it could. So, that's been fun.

Beyond that, most of the time has been spent doing Zone Work. Which is as it should be. Things had seemed like they where slowing down for a while due to Fall. But, this week the 3rd floor got really busy. We've helped set up quite a few accounts. The research has varied quite a bit too. From Mexico to getting people back to Europe. 
 
Last P-day we went on a hike. That was a lot of fun and had some really great views. We also attended President Nelson's Birthday Celebration Friday night. That was really cool. I finally got to see Donny Osmond perform as well as a lot of other great artists. That was really cool. 

On Saturday night, we went and did some stuff at the West High school track again. So, that was a lot of fun. On Tuesday we helped move some pretty heavy and large furniture from different apartments. Some of them where even on the 3rd floor! Whew!
I think that's it for this week. I hope you all have a good one and I'll write you in the next one!

From,
Elder Hall
 
 

Comments