Temple, Zone, and awesome experience

Hey Friends and Family,

This week has been pretty great. For some reason allergies have been hitting me pretty hard. But, things are good.

On Sunday, we as a mission watched the YA Devotional with Elder Carl B. Cook. We had no clue what it was going to be on. So, I think we were all laughing a little bit when he started talking about progressing towards marriage. I think it had some very pertinent information though on being mature enough and having the work ethic to be prepared. 

On Tuesday, my companion and I went and did Baptisms and Confirmations. I actually got to take the names I had researched in Alabama a few months back. One of which since then I have actually found a photo for. It was really awesome to be able to start them on that path of progression to eternal life.

On Saturday was the highlight of my week. It was about 8:30 pm and I was a Host at the front doors of the Family History Library. People were starting to clear out, and us Young Elders were going to start packing out. We then had two Jewish British Sisters walk in the front doors. They had just arrived in Salt Lake City. When I greeted them they talked about how they had heard about this building, and they were really curious about what went on here. After I explained the purpose of the FHL, they got really curious and asked why we do all this. We then had this amazing two minutes where I was able to testify to them of the eternal family, how we in the temple seal families together for eternity. I spoke about how we can be with our loved ones forever. Also, it wasn't just me talking. It was a true discussion. They asked questions and I was able to answer each one. The spirit was tangible. After I had answered all their questions they where awestruck. They then asked where they could start their own family history excitedly. I sent them down to the B2 floor and they went super happy. As I was teaching them it also really testified to me of that reality. That we as a family, no matter what happens, will be able to be together forever. To quote the old hymn "Sweet is the peace the Gospel Brings".

Zone has been starting to get a lot busier. We're starting to see more families coming in. Also, it must be creeping up on Summer, because the Asian tourists are starting to increase. That's always really nice because of the Chinese Experience that was started when I was in Discovery last year. They see the big signs outside in Chinese and come in for an experience specifically designed for them.

It's also been a little interesting having an extra meeting in the week. On top of the Mission Leadership meeting on Thursday mornings, there's also the Discovery Leadership meeting on Monday afternoons. They're both interesting to attend, and they do definitely have a presence on my weekly schedule.

On Thursday night my Companion and I attended some night classes on Health and Fitness, as well as one on Teaching Principles. I think they both had some very pertinent information, and they were pretty interesting.


That's pretty much it for this week!

From,
Elder Hall

Comments