Planting Flowers, Temple

Hey Friends and Family,

This week has been fairly busy. So, I'll stick to some highlights.

Thursday night we had the very rare experience for us as Headquarters Missionaries to be on Temple Square in preparation day clothes. The whole mission came together to help plant some of the flowers on Temple Square. The Mission Office Elders had us schedule an hour-and-a-half of our evening into it. It must be very true that many hands make light work. Because, we planted all the flowers around the Beehive House in about a half-hour. So, that was a lot of fun that evening.

On Friday morning we had our monthly mission temple trip. We attended the 8:00 am session in the Salt Lake Temple I think it's quite a spectacle to the walk-in patron to see close to 100 Elders crammed into a single session. Nevertheless, it was very good. The spirit was strong and I learn something new every time I go.

On Sunday, we were recruited with 12 other Elders to go assist the Brighton Gardens Branch with their sacrament services. I was also assigned to help with transportation. So, I got to drive the smaller Chrysler Pacifica on the way there, and because we weren't assigned to memory care I got to drive the larger Chevex 12 Passenger transport van. We call it Israel because of the seat number and it's always fun to feel the delay as the engine revs up. We got to help out on the fourth floor. It's always a special experience whenever I go.

Being in the Discovery Zone, all 8 of us got to work Memorial Day. It was really busy. We had a very large amount of patrons and it was full of amazing experiences. We even had two people from separate groups find out they were first cousins. They had no clue before then. After zone, we as a mission hiked up to and toured the Salt Lake Cemetery like we did last June. It wasn't quite as extensive, it being later in the day. But, it was still very awesome.

Transfers where yesterday. My entire district got moved. We actually only have half of the same Elders in Discovery as last transfer. The others got moved. I now have a District of 6 Elders. My companion is Elder Thompson and he's a lot of fun. There's Elders Rangus and Gale as a Companionship in Discovery. As well as Elders Cline and Wintersteen who are in Guest Services. I think it's going to be a fun and interesting transfer. There's a lot of possibilities. But, I'm optimistic.

That's pretty much it for this week! I'll write you all in the next one.

From,
Elder Hall

Comments