Week 3


Hey family and friends!

This week has been a lot of fun and a lot of cool things have happened.
My branch had church on Sunday in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building of all places.
When we got back we had just enough time for dinner before we had to go to a fireside with some former senior zone leaders in the mission, who have actually been on 5 missions, all foreign!
Monday was mostly just training as usual. However, Tuesday all the new Young Elder Missionaries including me got to go to the Salt Lake Temple to do baptisms, conformations, and initiatory. Apparently some of the training leaders new the key to my heart, because directly after we got out of the temple they had brought giant trays of J-dawgs in for lunch, with all the toppings and sauces!
That night however, it was time to say a few goodbyes with Transfer Conference. They actually added 5 new zones because of the amount of new Elders coming in. Along with the twelve new trainers for us, along with 7 new District Leaders. My new companion is Elder Whiffen. Who along with becoming my trainer was just called as one of the new District Leaders. The zone that I have been working in for the past two days is the Discovery floor of the Family History Library, which apparently I've been doing really well in. Today my companion and I got a half P-day because our normal P-day is on Tuesday the same day that Transfer conference on, so that's why I'm writing today. Today we also had a lot of opportunities to help people with little misfortunes in their lives. In the grocery store parking lot, we were able to help a lady unlock her car, who had accidentally locked herself out. Also as we were walking back to the Family History Library, a lady came out who needed help getting her breathing canister out of her car, and helped her walk it back into the Family History Library. It's really cool when we have little opportunities in our day to make someone else's. That's pretty much it leading up to today. I'll be writing on Tuesdays from now on for at least a month.

Love all you guys!

-Elder Hall

Comments