Another Fun Week

Hey Friends an Family!

I hope you're all having an awesome Pioneer Day week.

On Sunday my companion and I were able to go help the Brighton Gardens branch over at Capitol Hill Assisted Living Center. It's always a productive way to spend a Sunday morning.

We also, were able to attend the Pioneer Day Concert. A nice Elder who lives nearby to our apartment had some extra tickets. So, we were able to go and have a fun Saturday night. The pioneer day concert was amazing. Sissell has some real talent and actually really impressed me. It was very interesting to hear a lot of the Norwegian origins of certain hymns.

On Sunday we had a dinner appointment with a Islander couple that I can pronounce their name, but am incapable of spelling. Anyway they also always invite a Chinese single Sister over. Given that combination, it was eat until you're stuffed Chinese food and it was amazing. It was one of those things that when I heard we got them I'm immediately thinking how much I'm going to have to not eat that day in preparation. 

We also had our Branch's Hail an Farewell event on Monday. So, again more free food.

Pioneer day I think I made up for it though. As a mission we hiked Ensign Peak. One of my district member's and I decided to run the thing. It was brutal. I think we ran a little over half the time on the way up. Which still killed my lungs and legs. As well as all the way down. It was really pushing it. Afterwards, we had a Barbecue over at President Fenn's house. There was some really good Brisket and Pork Shoulders. Does it help that my workout this morning also involved running?

I hope you'll have an amazing week!

From,
Elder Hall

Comments