Discovery, Night Classes and Pulling Weeds

Hey Friends and Family,

I hope you're all doing well this week.

Things are just moving along up here. It's a lot of fun working in the Discovery Zone. I'm actually coming back in right as things are getting busier towards the summer. We've had a good amount of youth groups come in this week and quite a few walk ins. It's a little weird going from nine months of deep research to Discovery. From a lot of quite to a lot of commotion.  But, I'm really happy to be working here and I'm having a lot of fun.
 
My Companion is really in to board and video games. So, on Saturday night we had a game night with another companionship. The other companionship provided snacks and my companion provided the game. It was a pretty big deck building game called Dominion. Not something I would ever buy. But, it was still fun to hang out and play. It was a little funny, because I had amassed a bunch of attacking cards as the game went on and I used them causing some pretty priceless reactions from the others. 

On Sunday evening my District and I went to the the North Visitors Center and watched a church history video. So, that was a lot of fun.

On Monday, we had an awesome District Activity. We went Bowling down at Fat Cats. One of my District Members is really into bowling and he's really good at it. We played two games. I did alright, but of course Elder Steele owned us all. Afterwards, we went to Harmons and all contributed to by some pizzas and drinks for dinner. We went back to the apartment and talked, ate, and played some games. So, it ended up being a really fun evening.
 

On Monday, I attended my very first Discovery Leadership meeting. It was quite interesting to see how the coordination works for the floor and hopefully as I get a bit more settled in I'll be able to contribute more.

On Tuesday night we had a great community outreach project. I helped drive a few of the Elders. We went up to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail and helped clear out some invasive weeds. Those where some tough suckers. They had deep hard roots, and very noxious white sap. It also was cold enough that we got a bit of snow. Nevertheless, we managed to get a quite a bit cleared out, and it was fun work.

I hope you all have an amazing week!

Till the next one,

Elder Hall
 
 

Comments