Hey Friends and Family,

So, this week has been interesting. We've had a lot of stuff happen. So, I'm going to try and do some brief overviews for each one.

Sunday was Easter which was a lot of fun. I taught the Sunday School lesson in Church which was a very spiritual experience for me. Being able to spend a lot of time that week reading on the resurrection and the atonement really broadened my understanding of it and really testified to me of their reality.

We also had an Easter dinner Sunday Evening. Lots of good food is always a positive.

On Monday we had a Missionary Appreciation Event put on by the Family History Department. It was basically free pizza and some thank you talks by the different directors of the Department. 

We also have had an interesting development in the mission. On Monday we heard the news that the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve has come to the decision to consolidate the mission. Meaning that it will no longer exist for Young Elders on July 1 2020. As such, there will be no more Young Elders called to the Utah Salt Lake City Headquarters Mission. I'll be long gone by the time that happens. But, I'm definitely going to be around for the decrease in missionaries. Honestly, it's a good thing. Because of this mission, a lot of Elders who would have been called to Service Missions are going to be able to go on Proselyting Missions. We've provided a lot of information to the General Authorities that has heavily impressed them to do as such. We're still going to be up here finishing strong, and happily press forward.

We also had Transfers on Tuesday. I have been moved back to Discovery! This time as a District Leader! I've moved apartments and I'm super excited to be back in the place where I started. It's also the first time I'll be in a Zone with more than one District Leader. It's going to be a lot of fun. A lot's changed since I was there literally a year ago. But, I'm excited for the challenge. I have a new Companion Elder Lassle who's been on the mission for 3 months, and am for a four man District. I'm super stoked for what lies ahead.

Any way that's it for this week!

From,
Elder Hall
 
 

Comments