Zone picking up

Hey Friends and Family!

This week has been a lot of fun, with just helping Patrons all the live long day. We've really been increasing in the amount of patronage we have. Almost to the point of not having any more computers left. So, lot's of running around helping people out. They've also been slowly working the transition from the readers to the new workstations. Very slowly. It's almost impossible to see the change. But, it's happening however slow it may be.

Also celebrated my birthday. 20 years and still getting older. Had some great flap jacks in the morning, along with a small celebration in the back at Zone. Honestly, it was a normal day of work with some extra luxuries thrown in.

We also had a Hail and Farewell event on Monday. Basically a potluck style dinner to welcome in the new missionaries, and say goodbye to the ones leaving. It's always a fun time, and free food is never a bad thing.

Yesterday, I was getting pretty exhausted and for lack of the word dead. However, we had an Elder in the District who was pretty sick and his companion had business to attend to at Zone. So I sent Elder Jones to go with him to Zone as to keep him with an experienced companion. After this happened, I realized that this gave me an opportunity to exercise back at the apartment. So I went pretty intense with High Knees, Dips, and Squats. That really got the endorphins flowing and I've felt great ever since. I also got to do a workout at the Stake Center this morning with a whole lot of abs and running, and the sick companion asked to do it with me. He's hurting now. But, his system totally decongested. So, he's feeling quite a bit better now, and so am I.

I haven't had quite as much time lately to do Family History Research. But, that hasn't stopped the discoveries. I've been researching the Confederate Unit of the Father on the line I've been working on. It's been pretty interesting to see the awful conditions he went through that led to his death at the age of 33. It was pretty bad, with the trudging through snow and very sick cramped conditions. I've found that while researching these people I've really formed a connection with them. What happened in their lives, both the good and bad, that just really humanizes them. I'm hoping once I get some of the names I currently have done, I can get their ordinances done. It's really been quite a wonderful experience.

That's pretty much it for this week!

From,
Elder Hall
 
 
 
 

Comments