Endowments, Brookdale, Book of Mormon class, and Transfer

Hey Friends and Family,

This week has been pretty good. On Friday we had the monthly Endowment Session with the entire mission which was a really good experience. On top of this, my companion and I also attended an Endowment session on Wednesday night with some time we'd been allotted. So, definitely a spiritual influence for the entire week right there.  Recently on the Exercise mornings, I've developed a pretty solid routine, and actually a few other Elders decided to join me on that effort. It's definitely had me feel more energy, more sore, and just more good in general. So, I've definitely enjoyed that.

We also had the assignment to assist the residents of the Brighton Gardens Branch with their sacrament services. Their over in the Brookdale assisted living center. So my Companion and I were able to help with the main sacrament meeting, as well as the memory care sacrament meeting. Also, I helped drive the Elders to and from.

We also had a Book of Mormon Class on Monday taught by President Fenn. It was a very great instruction on 3 Nephi 11, especially focused on the reality of the experience and how personal it was.

Yesterday was also Transfers. Literally nothing changed for me or my District. P-day, Apartment, Zone, Companion; it all stayed the same. So, we just went back to Zone afterwards and continued on. 

My Companion's mother has kept sending him case loads of food for some reason. So, he didn't spend that much money on his card this past transfer. So, he took a portion of it and bought some steak and a roast. So, on Saturday night a bunch of us Elder's got together and had a meat eating night. Some other Elder's even brought steak as well. So, that was a great evening. I for one felt stuffed with high quality meat after that one.

We also had a dinner appointment with the Strombergs on Sunday with a District of Elders from the Discovery Zone. All of those Elder's I'm really good friends with, and I worked with the Strombergs in British Services where we got along really well. So, as you can tell it was just an awesome evening. We had a lot of fun with some really good food. Also, afterwards we decided to go watch a movie in the North Visitors Center. It was the one with Wilford Woodruff called the Mountain of the Lord. It's all about the construction of the Salt Lake Temple. Which they show clips of in the South Visitors Center. It was funny, as soon as we walked out of the NVC a visitor walked up to us and started to ask questions about the Salt Lake Temple Construction. Which was awesome, because we literally just spent an hour watching a rendition of it happening. So, that was a fun experience.

We also today for Shopping got to drive the brand new Mission Van. You see, all the other vans are Dodge Caravans with quite a few thousands of miles on them. But the mission recently purchased a brand new Chrysler, which I was lucky enough to reserve. Also, with a recent mission policy change that we're allowed to listen to music while driving, I was able to just plug my thumb drive into the van and listen to music. Which none of the other vans have a thumb drive port. So, it really was just an awesome time driving.

So, that's pretty much if for this week. Write you all in the next one!

From,
Elder Hall

Comments