Busy Zone Work

This week has been really simple. Zone, Zone, and more Zone. Which is not a bad thing. Things have really been busy lately. We've been having to move missionaries off computers for lack of available ones for patrons. So, lots of walking around, helping with the various Genealogical problems people present. It's honestly been a bit exhausting. But, it really is enjoyable. It should keep picking up until the summer when it will peak. It's a lot of fun, and I'm having a really good time. That's really been the sum of it. Coming in in the morning, working till nighttime and then doing it again. I love the work, and couldn't be happier.I love that place. There's definitely a special spirit there, and the resources being so easily at my fingertips is incredibly helpful. I think I'm being a bit spoiled with the amount of undigitized records I have access to.

Some things that happened this week. Swap Meet was canceled due to rain. So, I wasn't able to get in early being a trainer. However, I should be able to next month. On Monday, my District and I went to the Wellness Center. I got a really good and intense workout that I was pretty proud of. Involved lots of dumbbells, some machines, body weight, kettle bells, and spin bikes. It was pretty awesome to do, and I'm still a bit sore.

The Patrons have also been really amazing lately. I've rarely had to leave one disappointed. For some reason lately family history information has just seemed to come really easy lately. For example, last night I had a patron who was looking for Draft Registration records, and they were non-existent on Ancestry. I showed her how to use a website called Fold3, and they just popped right up. She then wanted to know about Naturalization for these people. I was able to show her how to go straight to the County Court House Records and they came up within 5 minutes. Things like that have just seemed to be a real blessing lately.

Speaking of easily flowing information. I've also been chipping away at the Thomas Lafayette Richards and Carrie Aughtman line. They're Opie Lewis Richards' parents, who was Great Grandmother Helen's adoptive father. I've been having the hardest time finding information on Carrie's parents. However, as I'm hacking away at it, more and more information on the kids, and Thomas just keep getting added on. For example, I found out Opie had a few siblings, including an older Brother and Sister, and a younger Brother. Now here's something that surprised me. Opie was a nickname. I looked back in the Census's and he went by Opie since he was a teenager. However, on the one where he's 6 years old it says his actual name. It's Othanial. I thought that was really interesting.

Anyway that's pretty much it for the week! I'll call you later today, and I hope you both have an amazing week!

Love,
Spencer

Comments