Zone Work & Mastery Pin


Hey Friends and Family!

This week U.S. and Canada has been a little variant in how busy it's been. On Saturday last week it was dead. There was depending on the time, either very few people there, or no one who needed assistance. There was still the maintaining of the zone though, that gave us something to do. As the week went along though, it really started to pick up. There's a Genealogy institute in town so we're getting people from all over the country coming in. Yesterday was the busiest. Around one point we had almost 60 Patrons on our floor of the FHL. That was a lot of fun, and was a great contrast from the previous weekend.

I also finally got my Mastery Pin! I've been working towards it as a goal since late November, and I was finally awarded it yesterday. It basically signifies having completed all the training for the entire zone, and it's some pretty intensive training. This makes me the third Young Elder to ever earn the pin. The one's before where the previous District Leader, and an Elder from Deaf Services who is in my district. I'm only allowed to wear it in the Family History Library. But, it feels good to have accomplished that goal.
 
We also had the new Church schedule which has been really nice. I really enjoy studying back at the apartment and group discussions. So, having the extra time has been really beneficial for me, and it also seems a lot more easy to have the focus of church being on the sacrament, without having so much stuff afterwards. I've really liked it, and I've definitely had a good experience with the change.

That's pretty much it for this week!

from,
Elder Hall

Comments