Training, Awesome Patron, and Book of Mormon Presentation

Hey Friends and Family!

I'm getting really close now to completing all of the training for U.S. / Canada. I'm currently learning about African American Research and that means only two more lessons after that. The training has actually come in real handy.

By the way, Happy New Years! We had a fun time with it up here. On New Years Day our Zone was closed, so by the recommendation of the Assistants, we spent it cleaning and studying. As well, we had a District Study from Come Follow Me. I've really been loving Come Follow Me. The pacing, and the recommendations in my personal and group study, is just spot on. It really guides through the scriptures with a very systematic approach. We also had two Elders from the Training Zone invite us to go bowling. That was a lot of fun, and Big Buddha's daughter bought us pizza. You know, the guy from the news. I didn't quite recognize him at first. But, we had a great chat with them and it was a very fun outing, We also celebrated as a mission watching Ben-Hur. Yes, the original one. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the story line, and it was very well done special effects for when it was made. It honestly was a great movie.

Last Wednesday I had a Patron come in who was helping a client find out more about a supposed dead end in a person he was researching. What was awesome is that I was able to help him dig up some records in Ontario, Canada which gave us a goldmine of information. We found extra children. We found where them and his wife were born. We even found out that he lived in a log house. It really was a lot of fun and he left very pleased with it.

Last Thursday Morning all the Young Elders attended the 8:00 Endowment Session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was very short notice. But, I think since the Temple is closing for the month of January they wanted to get it in there. But wait, there's more. It was my companion and I's turn to have Saturday night free from Zone. So, we attended the 6:00 session to get in just one more before the closure. It was really amazing. The spirit was strong, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last night, half of the mission with us included where able to attend a presentation at the Church History Library on the translation process of the Book of Mormon. There wasn't a lot of new information to me. But, there were images of records that I had never seen before. It really was quite interesting and was very interactive.

I hope you all have an amazing week!

Elder Hall
 
 

Comments