Chili, Transfers, and Coordination

Hey Friends and Family!

I hope you're all having a great week.

Last Tuesday was Transfers. I'm in the same Zone, same P-day. However, there is one change. Everybody in my district has stayed the same, except for my companion. Let me introduce you to Elder Rawlins from Seattle, Washington.
DSCN0932.JPG

He's been on the mission for about three months, and up to this point has been serving in the Digital Images Processing zone. He loves to get stuff done, so it should be a very productive transfer.

Last Sunday, our Mission President was nice enough to have a chili dinner for us. He worked over it for pretty much two days straight. It was actually really amazing chili. We walked in to 6 giant vats set up in the cultural center of the Salt Lake Stake Center, and man it's been a while since I've felt that stuffed.

This week the work has started to pile on a little bit. I keep getting more and more new projects that need work to be done, and honestly I'm loving it. After a while of some slower days, having this amount of work is actually quite refreshing. It's a really great feeling to be busy.
 
Last week my District was really wanting to go do something fun. So, I organized a district activity for last Monday. We were able to go bowling down in Milcreek (southern Salt Lake City). It was a lot of fun and it allowed us to decompress for a little bit, and on top of that someone bought our alley two pizzas! So it really did make for a great evening.

In mention of some of the hard things. My sleep hasn't really been the best lately. There's times where I wake up multiple times each night, or when I don't it's just not that rewarding. However, I've been feeling surprisingly capable with it. Despite the rough nights, I seem to still have the energy necessary through out the day. Hopefully it will get better soon. But, honestly I think I'm doing really well with it.

I noticed of late I had gotten a bit lax with my reading of Jesus the Christ. However, starting this last week I've started hitting it head on pretty intensely. Using full references from the New Testament and comparing them with the text. I've actually been really enjoying it. I've noticed so much more things in there than I've ever noticed before. Honestly, it just strengthens my testimony so much more.
 

I hope you all have an amazing week!

from,
Elder Hall

Comments