Work, Work, and More Work

Hey Friends and Family!

This week has had quite it's fill of new experiences. I've mostly been trying to get used to the responsibilities of being a DL. Leadership Conferences, Correlations, Mail Pickup, Coordinating with ZL's, Training for the new Zone, and being aware of what's going on in four other people's lives. It's a lot. But, I honestly feel the greatest I have since being on the mission. I honestly enjoy the increase in work. It keeps me busy. I've been trying to spend as much time this week getting to know my district as possible. It's been really interesting to see into their lives, and how I can help.

On top of the increased workload of being a DL, the mission is starting to receive a greater workload in general. This means longer hours. Speaking of which, starting this Saturday the Family History Library will be open on Saturdays till 9. With more options for hours coming in the future. We have a bunch of projects that are being introduced into the mission. The most prominent one right now is teaching a computer to read written Chinese. So that's a lot of fun. With the increased workload the opportunities for going to the temple each week are diminished exponentially. However, we can still count on once a month as a mission, which is really nice.

As the title indicates, a whole lot of work. Things are really getting moved along here, and their moving really fast. It really does feel great to be such a part of it at this time.
 
 On top of that I now have a phone. You ready for the most incredibly new and ingenious piece of technology you've ever seen? Oh wait it's just this:
 
 
 
Honestly though, it's great. It is capable of doing what I need it to do, and it does it well. US & Canada is a different ballgame than British Services. It's the same kind of idea, but with a lot more work and micro-projects that need to be worked on. On Thursday morning I attended my first Leadership conference. All the leadership of the mission, excluding the ZLs who have their own meetings. It was great to hear about all the inner workings of the mission, and the plans for the future. Which all I can really say is that their big. There are some really amazing things coming our way.

We had a temple trip this morning at the 7:00 session. So dark and early. But, it was honestly a very amazing session, even more so than usual. It was just a very well done session.
 

I hope you all have an amazing week, and I'll write next week!


from,
Elder Hall
 
 

Comments