Brookdale & Transfers

Hey friends and family!

I hope everything is going well for you all this week.

This week has had a few major events that I'd like to note this week. I'm not much for preambling rhetoric so I'll just jump right into it.

Last Sunday my Companion and I had the opportunity to assist in the Sunday services of the Brookdale Assisted Living Center for the morning. I was able to drive about half of the total 14 Elders over to the facility, and help with the Main Sacrament Meeting, and the Memory Care Sacrament meeting. It was a very spiritual 2.5 hours, and really set us up for the rest of our Sunday.

On Tuesday was Transfers. I really only had one significant change. I'm still in British Services, still in the same apartment, and still have the same P-day. However, I now have a new companion. My old companion was moved to Church History Special Projects, and moved to a different living location. My new companion is an Elder Garfield. He's somewhat of a legend around the mission so it's really an honor to be working with him. He's been out 22 months, so he leaves in December.  He hasn't worked out on the Family History floor Patron facing Zone's in a while. However, he is burning through the training, and we get along quite well.

Halloween on Wednesday. That was a lot of fun. It is not technically safe for us to be out on Halloween Night. This because of a gang that dresses up as missionaries and destroy the town. However, we did still get to have a fun evening. Even though the Joseph Smith Memorial Building is closed down in the early afternoon on Halloween, District Leader's and above have access. So we were able to have a good event in the Bonneville room watching Coco and eating Domino's pizza. It was a lot of fun, and gave us a good break.
Mom, you asked about my study habits on the mission. I will say, my Study habits have changed in two major ways since I've been on the mission. One, my study sessions are longer. Given I have some set time in the morning, I'm able to spend a decent amount of time on it. Two, I'm writing a whole lot more stuff down. I've been keeping multiple different records. What I study, thoughts that I put in my pocket, a prayer journal. It's really been making my Study more meaningful by having a record, and being able to look back and see their applicability.

That's pretty much it for the week. A lot of what we do on this mission has quite a routine for it. While there are many many interactions with many different people, there still is some repetitiveness to it. I try to keep the unique interactions prominent in my letters. So, while they may seem  bit short, I'm trying to keep the highlights involved.

I hope you all have an amazing week, and I'll write you all in the next one!

From,
Elder Hall
Elder Garfield (my new companion) and I.


DSCN0846.JPGDSCN0858.JPGDSCN0850.JPG

Comments