Artifacts & Chorus

Hey friends and family!

Last Friday a bunch of the Elders and I had the opportunity to attend a presentation by the Church's Curator of Artifacts. He brought in a lot of cool stuff and it was really interesting to see. One of the items being Porter Rockwell's pistol. We then had some time to examine a lot of the artifacts around the museum and made for a really awesome meeting.

On Sunday I also was able to attend both branches Sacrament meetings as my companion is in a chorus group that did an outstanding performance. Also that night after one of our dinner appointments we were able to watch the Face2Face event from Nauvoo that was a lot of fun. We were a bit late because of the dinner appointment. But, it was still a lot of fun nonetheless.

Every couple of weeks we've also been assisting with some research classes in our Zone's one classroom. Lately they've been about Irish research which is a pretty intensive subject. It's been very helpful to be able to learn a bit ourselves while helping.

This week seems to have been really busy in British Services. A lot of times we've run out of available missionaries. I've mostly helped with England and a bit of Ireland lately. However, I'm waiting for when I'm going to have to do Scotland.

This past week there seems to have been a pretty bad bacterial virus going around the mission. This has allowed of few of us to give quite a few priesthood blessings, and it seems like its running it's course by now. So, I'm grateful for that.

It was kind of funny last night. As we were walking out of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building last night we talked to a nice guy who was curious about the mission a little bit. He then said "I'll give you each a hundred bucks if you can guess where I went if I speak the language." I don't know if I told you this, but I've been working on learning Welsh each morning. So, as soon as he started speaking I knew. So I said "Welsh/Wales", and he stared at me for a moment and said "I owe you a hundred bucks". I turned it down, but we were laughing a little bit as he was a bit amazed saying "How did you do that?". It was a fun experience and we all had a good laugh.

My knee is completely on the mend. Yesterday I ran sprints, and this morning we went to the Church Office Building Wellness Center. My district is insane. Each morning we get up at 5:00 am to go to the Wellness Center, and this morning I was able to leg press a few hundred pounds very easily. So, I'd say I'm doing better.

That's pretty much it for the week. I'll catch you all in the next one!
 
 

Comments